Life Tools: Ways to Create and Keep
MAGIC in Your Life
1. Step out of the box. Take risk. Take new and different actions,
outside of your normal patterns of behavior.
2. Place yourself in learning environments, with new and different
3. When it appears - savor it; bathe in it, steep yourself in
4. When magic has occurred, celebrate it!
5. Let others know when you witness their magic and be grateful.
"What we pay attention to grows." Be grateful for magical
moments, for miracles. Pay attention to them.
6. Listen to your body and your inner voice.
7. Tap into the flow. Free up the congestion in your life. Complete
incompletions, eliminate tolerations, let go of the past, learn
from your emotions such as anger and frustration and move into
the present, where flow exists.
8. Walk to the tune of a different drummer. Travel to a new land.
Sign up for a new experience. I.e. swing dancing lessons, calligraphy
classes or a weekend workshop on intimacy.
9. Be in nature. Observe, listen, smell and notice the magic.
Use all of your senses. There are many more than five. See if
you can discover 20, 30 or more and notice how they enhance your
life experience! Curious? Read Re-Connecting with Nature by Michael
10. Examine your beliefs and change those that no longer serve
you. Beliefs come into our life for a purpose. They usually serve
some benefit at that very moment, but often they are carried though
life as though they are a truth in every moment - and often they
do nothing more than misguide us or create an illusion that prevents
us from truly being present or living fully.
11. A reserve of time, energy and space attracts magic. Physics
alone tells you that when you create a vacuum, it will fill. Create
space for magic. Don't struggle to manage your time, manage your
space and you will find time.
12. Play. Let your child out! Laugh, lighten-up, let your hair
down, romp, "skip" - be free!
13. Identify or create "sacred space" in your life
and spend time there. What are possible characteristics of "sacred
*Safe, special, beautiful, tranquil, pleasing
to the senses, maybe colorful, may smell pleasing, or is cushy
like soft moss. Even better, make ALL the spaces you inhabit sacred.
Ask yourself: What would be necessary for me to feel _________
in this space? (Fill in the blank with the above safe space *characteristics
or create your own definition of sacred space.)
14. Realize that magical moments are merely a result of living
life fully, in integrity, from the heart, occasionally risking
to go beyond our comfort zone, and being in the present moment.
The raw materials for this to happen are already within you. We
must make a conscious "choice" to hone those raw materials
into a lifestyle that is conducive of magic. It exists around
us all the time; all we have to do is perceive it!
Copyright © 1998, 2003 Beth Meininger, PCC, Buckingham,
All Rights Reserved.